Dear Mr Boddy...
Dear Mr Boddy
Jacqui mentioned your phone call yesterday. I must say that your idea of narrowing the street has considerable merit, and would solve many of the problems:
1. Gutters
By narrowing the street, the gutters will shift towards the middle of the street, away from the tree roots, minimising root damage during the road reconstruction, and allowing gutter upgrading from the current dish channel to low maintanance flat channel gutters. (see CCC website for photos of channel types)2,. Traffic
Vehicular speed along the street will be reduced.2. Parking
I am not sure what you envisage for the berms, but temporary parking for visiting sports teams might be possible if the grassed areas were protected with concrete lattice block or some other reinforced grassed area.
3. Leaf collection
I suspect that there will be more room for leave piles adjacent to the trees making street maintenance easier, and reducing problems such as piles blowing about, cars parking over the top of leaf piles.Leaf collection is obviously an important issue for the Council. I suspect that alternative leaf collection strategies, such as paper bags (see Naperville and Syraceuse websites) or dedicated autumn leaf wheelie bins available may not be practical because of the sheeer volume of leaves, and presumably the feasibility of this has been looked at. Perhaps a regular autumn leaf collection day early on in the week might encourage residents to regularly pile up leaves in the weekend.
Thankyou for coming up with constructive new ideas. I look forward to seeing your alternative proposal in due course.
Yours sincerely
Michael Hurrell

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home